Welcome to Part 2 of our comprehensive guide on regression hypnotherapy.
In this article, the 12-step regression method, which is taught worldwide at our hypnosis training seminars, will be broken down step-by-step.
After the technique breakdown, we’ve included a real-life demonstration of master hypnotist Igor Ledochowski doing regression therapy (using this exact method) to remove a woman’s fear of snakes, which had been terrifying her for 30 years.
Then, we’ll show you how to put the same technique into practice again – except this time conversationally – and in just a few minutes, too.
If, however, you’ve landed on this page having bypassed the essential principles and best practices covered in Part 1, we do urge you to take a step back and read the first article in this 2-part series.
Reason being: regression therapy is a very big topic. One where you’re dealing with someone’s (often intense) emotions and the way that person make sense of the world.
Therefore, this 12-step method will only be effective once you have an understanding of the dynamics behind regression therapy, which is covered in Part 1.
If, however you’re ready to proceed…
A FEW FINAL NOTES:
- In the below example, the client is often referred to as the “adult” and “child.” This is based on the assumption that the memory or emotional trauma you’re trying to dissolve happened in their childhood (so you’re bouncing back and forth between adulthood and childhood), however, of course this may not be always the case.
- As you work through each of the steps, which can be done very quickly once you become familiar with them, it’s important to continually give praise and encouragement to your client. Tell them they’re doing great, build up their self-confidence, comment on how well they’re handling it, and generally keep boosting their self-belief at every opportunity you get!
And for ease of use when reading this article, the links from each section are below:
- The 12 Steps Of Regression Therapy
- Step 1: Induce Trance & Regress Using H+ & Rapport
- Step 2: Orient Fully
- Step 3: Cause Dissociation
- Step 4: Reframe
- Step 5: Find 2 Points Of Safety
- Step 6: Explain The “Safety To Safety” Loop To Adult
- Step 7: Hypnotist Coaches Adult & Adult Coaches Child
- Step 8: Reframe Adult
- Step 9: Adult Coaches Child
- Step 10: Run Cycles Several Times & Reframe Each One
- Step 11: Forgive
- Step 12: Reintegrate
- Video Demonstration: The 12-Step Regression Hypnotherapy Technique In Action – Watch Igor Ledochowski Dissolve A Woman’s Snake Phobia